Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Fuzzy Focus

A Fuzzy Focus, I think that is how I can describe my past few weeks, if not past couple of months. I mean, I know all the Sunday School answers for things....
*Yes, God is faithful! Matthew 28:20 tells us that...."I will be with you always, even until the end of the age." Can't get much more faithful than that!
*Yes, His grace will see me through...as he tells me in II Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you."
*Yes, He will comfort me...II Corinthians 1:4 "He comforts us every time we have trouble..."

This list could go on and on...He IS my Faithful God! He pours His grace out in abundance! He comforts me like no one on earth can! He is my forever friend! He is where my rest and peace is found! So why the "fuzzy focus"???

Well, it hit me last night, I said I got a "holy kick in the booty"! I've been doing my Bible Study, praying, listening to praise/worship music, but my focus was not on Him entirely! There's this "huge purple horse" that is kind of sitting in the middle of the room, or the car, or wherever I am these days. A day I dread that is rushing upon me faster than I care to even imagine, but its coming and I've let worry and dread over that take focus off of Him. I've failed to worship Him and have allowed fears and insecurities be worshiped instead....OH but praise His name! He can take failures and cause us to fall forward!

How I thank Him for verses like Psalm 37:5 "Depend on the Lord; trust Him, and He will take care of you." and Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest." Yes, there may be days ahead that are very hard, but oh what blessed assurance knowing that I can trust Him and He will care for me (and those I love so dearly!) and that if I just give it all to Him, He WILL give me rest and hold me in those ever-loving, ever-gracious, ever-merciful, ever-caring, never-ever-ending arms of Love!

Oh, God, I'm thankful for Your promises and I'm counting on them!

1 comment:

  1. I loved when Beth said that in the video... that he can cause us to fall forward! What a blessing!

    Thanks for this reminder of what our true focus needs to be!!

    ReplyDelete