Monday, April 19, 2010

"I'm praying!"

Why do we look to get from others what only Jesus himself can give us? Why do we need words of affirmation and encouragement from them when we hold His love letters to us in our hands? Why do we want others to really get it, when He already knows it all? Why do we give Him our problems in the morning only to pick them up again by lunch? Why are we so stinkin' needy??

Well, I don't know the answers to all these questions....they're just ones I've asked! I do know that He tells us in Ecclesiastes 4 that He never intended for us to be a lone ranger, we were designed for relationships. A friend increases your yield, helping you to reach the potential He's destined for you. We we fall, a friend can be there to help you up. We should pity the person who doesn't have anyone to stand with them. He goes on to tell us that a three cord strand with Him at the center is not easily broken...not even during earth-shaking trials.

So maybe in those verses lie some of the answers to the questions...He doesn't want us to do it alone. He created us to need each other. He created in us a void that only He could fill and many times those friends point us to Him. We've all heard the verse that there is no greater love than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends....that's how much He loved us! He died for us!

Did you also know that He prayed for us??? Yes, Jesus prayed for us! In John 17:20-21 "I pray for these followers, but I am also praying for all those who will believe in me because of their teaching. Father, I pray that they can be one. As You are in me and I am in You, I pray that they can also be one is Us. Then the world will believe that you sent me." Do you know when He prayed this? The night He was arrested! The night he took His three closest friends away to be near while He prayed...and they slept! That's the love He has for us....He was praying for us while facing the greatest death in history and His best friends slept...that's love folks!

Oh, how I thank Him for loving me....even when I'm the one who might be "sleeping". I thank Him for giving me the gift of His word that encourages and uplifts and tells me in every page just how much He loves me! As for friends, those who you are bound to with Him as that center cord, what more do we really need to hear from them at times than the simple words, "I'm praying!"?

I know this has been a rambling post, but I'm just typing as I'm thinking and trust me this head is in chaos! :)
I'm humbled this week to be a part of a meeting where my husband is preaching the big message of the week and one of my dearest friends ever is giving her life to missions...just like the love of God, I did nothing to deserve their love or friendship, but I'm glad He decided to bless me with both of these marvelous folks in my life! He KNEW I'd need y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment