Monday, October 4, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

  1. watching my kids while they sleep
  2. listening to bedtime prayers and hearing Landri thank God for her great-great grandmother up in heaven
  3. knowing my husband is in his office studying for a sermon
  4. getting a random gift and not knowing who its from
  5. seeing Brad when I go in Wal-mart and hearing him tell me "I. am. blessed."
  6. cold mornings 
  7. fireplaces
  8. coffee with Jesus in the mornings
  9. having someone write something nice on my facebook wall
  10. seeing a friend's name pop up that she's on skype
  11. fishing with my daddy
  12. shopping at Canton with my mom
  13. finding the "perfect" gift
  14. New York City in the fall or at Christmas time
  15. laughing
  16. movie nights
  17. spa days
  18. random acts of kindness
  19. flowers from my honey
  20. pumpkin patches
  21. my CrossTraining class
  22. wrapping Christmas presents
  23. good smelling candles, you know those that smell like the holidays!
  24. Sunday mornings at Antioch
  25. home group
  26. meeting a friend at Starbuck's
  27. flip flops
  28. hoodies
  29. smores around the fire pit
  30. my chair by my fireplace
  31. a surprise text from a friend
  32. God's grace at just the right moment
  33. photos of family and friends
  34. coloring books
  35. new socks
  36. clean, fresh smelling sheets
  37. warm towels
  38. encouraging text messages
  39. french fries and a chocolate shake
  40. klove
  41. unboxing Christmas decorations every year and replaying the memories
  42. front porch swings
  43. the beach and a good book
  44. having a friend not only pray for you, but with you
  45. unexpected card in the mailbox
  46. a big pile of leaves
  47. my kids and their "fort"
  48. Landri telling Daddy to "tickle me" and giggling
  49. sunsets
  50. smiles 
Those are just a "few" of my favorite things.  Isn't God so good?  On days when the world may let us down or have us discouraged, we can always find something good if we look hard enough. God is always there. He is always faithful and He always has a word for us.  He is a friend like no other and will always give us just what we need at just the right moment.  How awesome is that???!  He knows us better than anyone and still chooses to love us and bless us with simple little "favorites" every day.  Now, what is one of your favorite things? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment