Monday, December 6, 2010

My Wish For You

As you blow out six candles on your birthday cake, here's MY wish for you:
*I wish for you joy in your life, not just happiness, but that true joy that can only come from the Father above.
*I wish for you innocence for as long as you can keep it in this world.  The world has a way of robbing us of innocence, so baby, I want you to keep that for as long as possible. I'll do my best to guard that for you!
*I wish for you a walk with the Lord that grows sweeter every day.  That He will be your "bff" always!  He will never leave you. Never let you down. And He is always there for you.  Walk with Him. Grow in Him. Trust Him.
*I wish for you friends that will be there to encourage you and to love you and that you can trust with all your girly secrets of parents, boys, and life, but above all that they'll be friends that always point you back to God and hold you accountable when you stray from Him.
*I wish for you a life that shines!  Your tender heart is a treasure.  I love watching you with the elderly or the ill, you are absolutely precious! Even with your autistic cousin, your love and compassion just shines through! Don't lose that, baby girl! Always be willing to love. Above all.
*I wish for you a life lived in humble service and love to God and to others.  Those are the two greatest commandments to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as yourself.
*I wish for you to have a love of self.  Its easy to get down on self, allow God to heal hurts, restore joy, and strengthen your faith every day. 
*I wish for you to enjoy life. Laugh a lot. Dance a lot. Sing to the top of your lungs a lot. Play in the mud a lot. Bake cookies and make a mess a lot. Just enjoy the blessings God has given you...a lot! 
*I wish for you to seek Him in a daily quiet time every day.  Take the time in this crazy, busy, fast-paced world to sit with Him, soak up His word and listen to His quiet voice to lead you.
*I wish for you a husband one day like your daddy.  A husband that will treat you like the princess you are and will love you second only to God.  A husband that will be loyal, faithful and true and lead you and your home in righteousness.
*I wish for you to always follow after God's heart.  Thats a big wish, because sometimes God's heart and mommy's hearts don't agree if that means taking their babies far away, but honey, I'll always wish for you to be in the center of God's will wherever that takes you.  Because in His will He will always give you just what you need when you need it.  He will be faithful. He will be enough.
These are life wishes, actually, they're so much more...they're my prayers for you, my hearts cry for the precious bundle of pink I received 6 years ago today. And though these are for your life...for today I just wish for you the simple joy of being a happy, healthy six year old little girl who knows without a doubt that she is loved!!  Because, baby girl, you. are!

3 comments:

  1. AND - I'm crying............but also rejoicing as I watch a family love one another and encourage one another in the Love of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears Toya... How amazing you are sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your heart and how you have such a gift of expressing yourself with words. L is so blessed to have been given such a special Mommy!

    ReplyDelete