Monday, November 29, 2010

Life on the "Edge"

This past week I had some major frustrations that I would not have experienced before the addiction of a 3G smart phone.  I was in the woods of East Texas, at my folks' home for Thanksgiving, and there was no, zero, zilch, nada 3G service in the area!  Just that little "E" that means "edge" that basically means "good luck in getting service on that little smart cellular device now!"
As I was laying in my bed the last night there, trying to skype with a friend on it, and having very little luck, I had some thoughts go through my head.
First of all, 3G...hmmm...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all "3" in one "G"od!  And the fact that when I'm spending time with Him, near to Him, in His Word; well, its then that I have really great connection!  I'm fast! I'm quick to recall a certain verse, quick to avoid those fiery darts of the devil, quick with kindness and to show His love. Communication with Him and with others is so much easier when connected with Him.  I hear Him clearly when He speaks.
"Edge". Living life on the "edge", not always a good thing.  Out there on the "edge", communication with Him is harder because I don't feel connected. I'm "searching", but often searching in areas where connection With Him will not be found.  I'm slower to recall a verse when I need it. I'm slower and often am hit by one of those fiery darts. Kindness and love are not always there either. Lets face, service is just real slow in so many ways!
There are some people who are still not sold on the "smart phones" and the many ways to use them, but I for one am very grateful for mine and the many ways I have to stay connected with friends and family.  And now, I even look at in a whole new way, thanks to those deep piney woods of East Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment