Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh Its Always Those Little Things!!

I've been thinking a lot lately of why I let little things frustrate me so.  I even made a list of the little things that frustrate me...here it is:


1. the feeling that you never do enough
2. when you send someone a long facebook message and you get like 3 words back
3. "k" as a text answer
4. when someone sends you a text and you can't text back because you're driving, so you call them immediately and yet they don't answer
5. negative tweets, status updates, etc
6. children who just "want"
7. complainers
8. those friends who always give you Sunday School answers
9. when you do something for someone and they show no gratitude
10. slow drivers!!


Okay, so I was thinking of these things and asking God why I get so frustrated over them and He started giving me answers. *note to self: if you don't really want to know, don't ask God!  He always answers!! :)
His answers to my heart:


1. "I am enough. Rest in that fact. You don't have to be."
2. "I gave you my Word, 66 books, what have you written back?"
3. "I'll give you answers, but you have to be still and listen."
4. "I always answer. Always."
5. "Don't worry about those things. Trust me. You answer to me for what you publish, not what others do."
6. "I know the feeling, my child. My children just 'want' from me all the time."
7. "Do all things without murmurs and complaining, again, My child, you answer for you."
8. "Sunday School answers are the core answers. Where you learn the truths from My Word. They might hurt sometimes, but there is healing in those Words."
9. "Oh my child, how well I know. What have you thanked Me for today? Yesterday?"
10. "hahaha. Slow down, my child. Take the time to notice My creation around you."


Perhaps I'm the only person on the planet that allows those little things to really frustrate me, sometimes I allow those things, as little as they are to totally ruin my day. Its those days, I am learning to give it to Him. I could have allowed the enemy to totally ruin my day today with a few of these little things, and trust me, for every one of them I posted there are hundreds more! Satan loves to use those little things, he knows that is what really gets to me. Those big things in life, we are much quicker to cling to the Lord, but its those little things, that really drive a wedge into our relationship with Him.
Today, I choose to be grateful. I choose to listen to my Friend, my Healer. I choose to believe and know in my heart He IS enough.  I choose His Words of life. 
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)  
I choose not to read negative tweets and to just keep my words glorifying to Him.  I choose to realize that I don't have the knowledge to really handle much of what goes on in this life, but rest in the fact that wisdom comes from Him and He holds us all in His hands.
Yesterday morning Bro. Bobby said this, "THIS is what He's done with what little bit I've given Him, why don't I surrender it ALL to Him?"  Oh, can we only imagine?!!  He has blessed beyond anything I could ever begin to dream and with just what little I've given Him control of. I am asking Him to give me the passion, the desire, to give up more of "my control" to Him. I want to give to Him until I am just blown away and that there is no other way to explain things other than "It was ALL God!"
1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."  Yes, living this way, you will stand out in the world, but that is what He wants. He desires for us to come out of the darkness into His marvelous light and SHINE!
So today, maybe you have little things that are really frustrating you. In the words of a young pastor I heard preach last night, "let it go".  Pointing to Him. Giving Him all glory!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to shout out a big THANKS for stepping on my toes!!!! LOL! Seriously, I love this post. And isn't it great when He does answer our questions?! Good stuff, Toya.

    Looking forward to Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete