Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crack goes the windows....

I never thought I'd live anywhere that I actually would need an app on my iPhone to keep up with earthquakes! Whoa! Its been shaking around these parts for a while.

Of course, not enough to make the windows in this glass house that I live in to crack, who needs an earthquake for that?  I think my attitude on some days can crack those windows all by themselves. Today was one of those days. Do you ever just wake up on the wrong side of the bed??  Wow! I sure did today.  Its like you crawl out with all of these expectations for the day and Satan starts punching left and right before you've even had a chance to get the armor on! And who does he use? Those that you love the most.  "I don't want her to sit by me!" "Tell him not to look at me!" "My biscuit is too hard!" "My milk doesn't have enough chocolate in it!" "I don't want to wear that!" "I don't have time!" "I'm too tired!" "I don't want to!"

No doubt if there was an earthquake reported this morning, the epicenter was just beneath my stomping foot!  I would love to tell you that my heart has had a full turn around, but honestly, there are still some aftershocks occurring. Why is it when we really need to spend that time with the Lord, our attitude won't allow us? We just don't feel worthy to go into His presence.  I heard a song earlier today, and it really spoke to me....here's the info and lyrics:
God's Been Good To Me

Crystal Lewis
from the album Beauty For Ashes


I don't always say the right things

Boy I try

I don't always live my life the right way

But God is faithful to forgive me

When I fail or fall

I am unworthy of it all

Still he keeps on givin'



Chorus:
God's been good to me

Oh God's always been good
God's been good to me
Oh God's always been good

My God has given me

More than I ever dreamed

A precious family

And friends who care for me

Why should He love me so

Oh that I'll never know

I am unworthy of it all

Still He keeps on giving' to me



Chorus



It would take hours and days at a time

For me to sit down and write down

All the things He's done

Let me say this that it's nothing I've done

But it's the grace He gives freely to everyone

Tell everybody

Tell everybody 'bout it

Tell Everybody

Everybody ought to know
 
 
I mean, will I ever fully comprehend these facts? That He LOVES ME!! UNCONDITIONALLY!??!!  Even all those days, that I scream and shout or worry and pout? That I say the wrong thing, or I say nothing at all?  Those days I'm much more like the Wicked Witch than anywhere near that Proverbs 31 woman??  ALL of my days, He loves me!  Who else can you claim will do that? NO. ONE!  Simply because as humans, I don't think we can fully understand what that means. God doesn't just love. He IS love. Its not a characteristic of His, its who He is.
 
So in this glass house where a preacher, a preacher's wife, and two preacher's kids live along with two dogs and numerous dust bunnies, well I'm quite certain that earthquakes will still occur. Those times just come. Those shaky days will happen. The ground will shake from the stomping of a mad momma's foot, or the slamming of a door in a little sister's face, lots of different "little" things can shake our world, cause those tremors among us. And yes, in a glass house, it may cause some cracks when we're being transparent with those around us, but what a comfort to know that God still loves us, regardless. No matter if we're living where the earth is shaking beneath our feet, or where hurricanes and monsoons flood, or tornadoes race through. He is still there. Waiting. With open arms to love us. Unconditionally. He is always faithful and yes, that is definitely truths this shaking world needs to hear! Tell everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment