Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Broken Mugs, Bad Moods, & a "Word"

Monday morning. Isn't that enough said, right there?  Well, my morning yesterday started off pretty well. I woke up early and spent some time in prayer and crawled out of bed with my cup filled. Of course, since Satan wasn't really crazy about that he started doing everything he could to dump my cup out!  Its amazing the tactics he will use to take one's good day and turn it upside down!
Yesterday Satan decided he would use one of my children to start dumping my cup out. I'm not sure what has happened to the happy-go-lucky morning child, but as of late, it is one whine after another in the mornings. Yesterday was no exception! From the time that child rolled out of bed, until loaded in the truck it was one long whine! AAGGHHH!!!!  My cup had been bumped and definitely some had been spilled.
Well that dirty devil wasn't through yet! He then decided to use this little, white, seven pound Maltese (shall remain nameless) to tick me off! I was sitting in my big comfy chair watching a bit of Good Morning America while having my morning coffee when the phone rang. I sat my mug down to go grab the phone and it was just seconds before I heard a crash! That little mutt had tried to drink my coffee and sent it over the edge and shattered it all over the hard wood floors. Did I mention this was the "perfect" mug? It held just the right amount of coffee to get me through my day. I was not happy! Oh and the phone call, a telemarketer, of course! GRR!
Obviously, my cup was now empty in more ways than one, but oh, he was not finished with me yet. That nasty dude would not be through until I totally lost it! Now, he decided to use a few of my friends. It was quickly apparent they were in bad moods as well, and 1 bad mood + 1 bad mood = a really bad mood! I started to give in. He was putting it all out there so easily for me. He wanted quickly to totally ruin my day, but I refused!
Now before I sound too noble, know this, it wasn't me! It was the WORD! The Word of God! I picked up my Bible and began to read, even read back through notes from Sunday School and the sermons on Sunday. Here are a few of the verses or notes I read, just too good not to share:


*Romans 8:31-37 (NIV) 31"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?36 As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." BAM! Take that Satan!
*"As you face problems and temptations, focus your attention on God and His resources, trusting Him to help you." (Life Application Bible)
*We don't have problems. God has problems. We just have to be obedient!
*What should be our ultimate goal? To honor Christ in ALL things! 
*I am responsible for my part in this life, whether the other person does their part or not.
*No relationship in your life will be right until your relationship with God is right. 
*Psalm 51:12 "Restore to me the joy of your salvation 
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
*If the Lord is wanting you to do something, Satan will put someone or something in your path to try and get you not to do it!

WOOHOO!! Glory!! I went to my knees and praised Him and thanked Him for filling me up! I prayed for that whiny child, I had sent off to school, to have a good day and to be a blessing to someone. She did and she was!  I prayed for friends, and that He would give them exactly what they needed. And after I got up, I did not have a dog put to sleep, but instead sent her to her crate and went out and bought me an even bigger and better mug! 
So today, if you're feeling whiny, tired, things just aren't going your way, go to Him. I realize these were little things in life, but these often are the things that drive us absolutely crazy! Whether its something little thats really irritating you or something way out of your control, He has you. He's holding you. He's waiting for you. All you have to do is give it to Him and allow Him to fill you with His Spirit. What an amazing God we serve!!!



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you that it gets easier with age, but I think this is probably gonna be a life-long battle. HOWEVER!!! The good news is that when you finally learn how to handle the daily grind, you can use those handling-techniques over and over and over. And they still work. The Scriptures still work. Calling on God for help still works. He always shows up. Never fails. Never fails. And I'm oh, so grateful. Praying for you my friend. And since I'm dealing with the same daily grind, would you please pray for me? It's easy to give in to Satan's design. Love you!

    ReplyDelete